When our body is out of balance we can easily be hurt or become ill. We find our life goals slipping away as our momentum is taken over by daily stress. Luckily, there are several different ways that we can get our lives back on track and re-balance ourselves. With an open mind, read below to discover four ways to nourish your soul.
- Take a deep breath. Our feelings will usually come and go. But, sometimes feelings that are not so welcomed tend to stick around for a while. This is the time for you to use deep abdominal breathing. It can stabilize your blood pressure and soothe your heart beat as well. And this is something that you can do anytime and anywhere. Find a quiet peaceful place to sit down, and take a normal breath. Then take a deep breath, inhaling through your nose and allowing your lungs and belly to fully expand. Release your breath slowly through your mouth allowing your belly to fall slowly. Do this at least three times to allow yourself to feel calm.
- Aromatherapy. What is aromatherapy, you may ask? Well, aromatherapy is the use of aromatic plant extracts and essential oils. It is the therapeutic application or the medicinal in a holistic healing approach. An essential oil is the distillation of natural materials found in many plants or herbs. The benefits received from the aromas depend highly on the scent used. It can lift your mood, spark creativity, or even ease anxiety. The possibilities with aromatherapy are endless. Here are a few examples:
- Lavender oil is good for alleviating a headache, inducing sleep, and easing anxiety.
- Chamomile oil is a peaceful and calming scent that can decrease irritability and increase inner harmony.
- Vetiver oil can help restore your emotions to a calm, especially after a disagreement of some kind. It can help to reground you.
- Yoga. This is a spiritual practice that involves your physical and mental aspects as well. It unites your physical and mental breath control. It is believed to have been discovered around the 6th century in ancient Hindu circles. There are many yoga poses. Each can benefit you in one way or another. Downward facing dog, for example elongates an relaxes the spine while stretching the back of your legs. Yoga will also benefit your seven Chakras that I spoke about in a previous post.
- Go for a long walk. Going for a walk can always ease your mind. But that is not all it is capable of helping you with. It also helps you by strengthening your bones, regulating your blood sugar and blood pressure levels and by promoting as sense of well being. You can enjoy the stimulating and comforting sights of nature that I also spoke about in a previous post.
There are many more ways to nourish the soul. These were only a few of the best that I found to be helpful in the re-balancing of my soul. Give a few of these a try and let me know how it helps you. Namaste.